Evidence Based Alcohol Rehab For Lasting RecoveryOur California alcohol rehab centers offers alcohol addiction treatments along side therapies to help treat the root cause of alcoholism
If you live in California or are seeking treatment in the vacation like atmosphere you'll find our alcohol rehab offers luxury amenities and evidence based treatments to provide you with unparalleled care.
California Alcohol Rehab
With 14.5 million people in the United States diagnosed with alcohol use disorder according to NIAAA data, choosing the right alcohol rehab helps many people kickstart their recovery with less chance of relapse.
What to Expect in Alcohol Rehab?
Regardless of whether you require inpatient or outpatient alcohol rehab California – more on that below – you’ll have access to similar services.
First, you’ll need to detox from alcohol, in a medical detox center if necessary. Medications can help ease the intensity of cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
With your body purged of toxins, medication-assisted treatment (MAT) can be highly effective as an ongoing form of treatment for alcohol use disorder. Just like for opioid use disorder, there are FDA-approved medications to streamline recovery from alcohol abuse.
MAT is not delivered in isolation, though. You can also expect the following forms of therapy:
- Counseling: Individual counseling provides you with the opportunity to explore the root cause of your alcohol abuse with a therapist. Group counseling connects you with the powerful peer support of others grappling with alcoholism.
- Psychotherapies: CBT and DBT can help you to identify what triggers you to abuse alcohol, while also helping you to formulate superior coping strategies that don’t involve reaching for a bottle.
- Contingency management: CM is a form of therapy that incentivizes healthy behaviors with small rewards, and this can be effectively used as a component of alcohol use disorder treatment.
- Holistic therapy: Most decent alcohol rehabs will offer a variety of supplementary holistic therapies to complement the evidence-based program.
- 12-step support groups: You will also have access to local meetings of 12-step support groups like Alcoholics Anonymous.
Does Insurance Pay for Alcohol Rehab?
Since the enactment of the ACA (Affordable Care Act), health insurance providers are obliged to meet the cost of alcohol rehab.
What happens if your alcohol rehab insurance won’t cover the costs of residential rehab, though?
Inpatient vs. Outpatient Alcohol Rehab
Inpatient alcohol rehab, also known as residential rehab, involves spending 30 to 90 days at a treatment center receiving intensive therapies as outlined above.
Outpatient alcohol rehab, by contrast, gives you access to the same services at a rehab center. You attend sessions during the day and then return home or to a sober living home.
If a regular outpatient program, doesn’t offer you enough support, there are two more intensive forms of outpatient treatment:
- IOP (intensive outpatient program)
- PHP (partial hospitalization program)
An IOP offers you at least 9 hours of weekly therapy sessions, while a full-time PHP offers up to 35 hours of weekly therapy sessions, with the benefit of returning home each night.
Many insurance providers will not meet the full costs of inpatient rehab, but they are legally obliged to meet the costs of outpatient treatment.
Alcohol Rehab in California
If you’re looking for an alcohol rehab center in California, the best place to start is by asking friends, family, and healthcare providers for recommendations.
A simple web search for “alcohol rehab near me” or “best rehab in California” should generate plenty of options worth exploring.
Heading to alcohol rehab Southern California provides you with a climate ideal for recovery, as well as an abundance of natural beauty to help you ease into a life of sobriety.
Call us today for specifics of our Southern California alcohol rehab.
If you live in Northern California, you are surrounded by some of the best addiction specialists in the country, so call us today and start living life alcohol-free tomorrow.
Best Alcohol Addiction Treatment Options
Our alcohol rehab centers offer a plethora of addiciton treatment programs and therapies to make sure our clients receive an individualized treatment program catered to their unique situation.