Drug Addiction Counselors
Substance abuse is a commonly growing problem in our society. To minimize the problem there are many rehab centers which organizes various recovery programs according to the need of the client. Individualized Drug Counseling is one of the best programs which is goal and client oriented in its purpose.
This program includes various sessions in order to achieve holistic development among the individual. It conducts 2 sessions for counseling. In the first session the faculties realizes the individual about the deadly consequences he/she is undergoing after abuse. In the second session the client is motivated to undergo an abuse program and the whole method of the treatment process is elaborated before him. The detailed of the drug usage, behavior and habit of the client is gathered. Then the counselors try to locate the actual difficulty among the individual. Accordingly a systematically treatment plan is organized to execute on the person.
The individualized drug counseling includes some steps during its treatment process.
- It familiarizes the client with the treatment process and its time span.
- It collects the detailed data about the client’s pre and post behavior of drug abuse.
- It identifies the problem of substance abuse of the person.
- It realizes the individual about the sufferings he/she is undergoing after the abuse.
- The faculties help the person in realizing good results of the recovery program.
Principles of Counseling
- Purposeful expression of feelings
- Controlled Emotional Involvement
- Non-Judgmental Attitude
- Student self-determination
The whole process of the individual drug counseling emphasizes on exploration, assessment, planning, rehabilitation, identification, counseling, termination and evaluation. A person undergoing any prevention program will be much benefited when admitted to the individual drug counseling program. As it focuses mainly on one individual it is goal oriented having good methods of treatment which are fruitful. The main focus of the program is to guide an individual solely and differently knowing its lacking points. It aims at realizing the biter sense of abuse to an addicted then the person tries to self recover. So it is a spontaneous recovery process.